|IT READS HERE ON…|
The name of the Museum Allard Pierson of Amsterdam comes from senior instructor of classic archeology of the University of Amsterdam, Allard Pierson, priest who, in 1877, were invited to occupy the Chair of Esthetic, Modern History of the Art and Languages.
The second professor who taught classic archeology in the University of Amsterdam was J. Six. This man was owner of a collection of books and antiques. When it died, in 1926, the Foundation Allard Pierson was constituted, with the purpose of to become position of this collection. The attic of the Institute of the Department of Archeology of the Mediterranean in Weesperzijde comes serving like museum from 1931.
Banker Lunsingh Scheurleer, victim of the 1929 crisis, was itself forced to sell his collection to the museum. The Foundation Allard Pierson became position of its collection, to give it later to the University of Amsterdam, on condition that the new collection was publicly. The 12 of November of 1934, the Museum of Allard Pierson abrió its doors in the Sarphatistraat.
Many donations and loans have enriched since then the collection of this museum. When it was acquired the enormous collection of professor Hemelrijk became a new building necessary. She was Princess Beatriz of Holland the one that it inaugurated, in 1976, the new one soothes of the museum, in the building of the Nederlandsche Bank, in the Turfmarkt Oude.
Since then, numerous exhibitions have given fame him to the museum. Exhibitions of the Etruscans, of Crete, the classic antiquity etc… have attracted a great number of peculiar visitors and. From 1994, all these temporary exhibitions come celebrating in a new wing from the building.
The museum exhibits a permanent series of collections, that lodge original antiques and other objects of the western traditions, approach that us the old world through knowledge of the past. The mission of the Museum Allard Pierson is to make the Mediterranean antiquity accessible, with academic aims, and for an ample public, with special attention to youngest.
There are very interesting collections, like which it lodges the statue of Mausollos, of three meters of height, that nothing else draws attention to enter the museum. But that is not nothing, since the museum welcomes more than 200 plaster sculptures of this type. Also we will see a great collection of glass negatives, that date from the period between 1880 and 1912, besides the collection of glass beads of the Dra. Van der Sleen.
· Schedules: The Museum Allard Pierson abre of Tuesday to Friday of 10,00 to 17,00 hours, and Saturdays and Sundays of 13,00 to 17,00 hours. It closes all the Mondays and days 1 of January, Sunday of Easter, 30 of April Day of Reina, Domingo de Pentecostés and Day of Christmas.
· Prices: 6.50 Euros the young adults, 3.25 Euros between 4 and 16 years, majors of 65 years and possessors of the card Holland Pass, free for the smaller children of 4 years, and 5 Euros for the groups of ten people or more
Photo Via Budget Places
Popularity: 4% 
It beats here to print this article
, , , ,